The Industry Day @ LREC 2022 will take place in presence on 22 June 2022.
Within LREC 2022, we will continue the organization of an on-site day devoted to industrial achievements and perspectives.
During the Industry Day, invited participants will be given time slots of 20mn for a presentation/demo followed by a short Questions/Answers Session.
The last sessions in the morning and the afternoon will be devoted to a 1-hour panel discussion involving all presenters.
In contrast to academic research industrial speech and language technologies may pose unique challenges of scale; language resources from industry may demand different algorithms or evaluation methodologies than in academic settings; and the practices of academic and industrial settings may converge on distinct methods for the same problem; industrial systems and practices may pose ethical challenges not present in academic settings.
Topics of Interest
All topics will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Development of Language Technologies in crisis and emergency times
- Industrial systems including those dealing with less-resourced languages
- Impact of Language Modelling on the development and on the time to market
- Tools and platforms for data collection
- Technologies for spoken-only languages and dialects
- Customization of technologies with respect to cultures, legal systems, ethics.
- Evaluation methodologies and experiences in an industry setting
If you are interested to join the LREC 2022 Industry day and did not get an invitation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short proposition including your company profile and the topics you would like to address in your presentation (company profile, technology (or technologies), language resources needed to develop such technology, etc.). The propositions will be reviewed, and decisions notified immediately.